Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Lawnscaping Challenge

Hi everyone I love Lawn Fawn stamps and when I actually had time to partake of one of the Lawnscaping challenges...I got so excited! This challenge is to try a technique you have never tried
before.

When we moved into our new house 3 years ago I found a box of quilling supplies that I bought and thought...some day I have got to try this. Onto a shelf the whole box of supplies went, never to see the light of day until I saw this challenge.
So here is my attempt at quilling some snowflakes!

So this is what I came up with the cute little owl and the sentiment is of course Lawn Fawn. The coloring medium are Copic Markers.  The snow is glitter pen, stickles and quilling papers!

I hope this card inspires you!  And check out the Lawnscaping Challenge Blog
Cheers
Laurie

12 comments:

  1. Owl always love your projects! LOVE LOVE LOVE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Allie! I am going to need a magnifying lamp if I am going to keep doing that quilling thing. LOL

      Delete
  2. This is too cute! I love the quilling... did you get a kit and tools or did you just make your own?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought a kit years ago and I had no idea what to do it and I totally lack the patience to actually read the manual. So I finally dug the stuff out for this challenge and a few you tube videos later...I was quilling. = ). I am so glad you stopped by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how cool is that. A quilled snowflake! I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE it! Your whole card is adorable!

    Thanks so much for joining us at Lawnscaping!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow Laurel thank you so much. It was a technique that I had bought the stuff to try it and never did. Thank you for hosting the challenge because now I may just keep on quilling. = )

      Delete
  5. wow, super fun card!! I Love it
    Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping :)
    xx Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow Thank You Tamara! Don't you just love Lawn Fawn stamps? Would you believe I actually made a spreadsheet to keep track of the ones I have and don't have yet?

    ReplyDelete
  7. How gorgeous are those snowflakes?? I've always wanted to try quilling, thanks for the inspiration! And thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Melissa. A hint have plenty of baby wipes handy. You will get glue all over your hands the first couple of time you try this technique. But its so fun!

      Delete
  8. i think your quilled snowflakes look awesome :) and im obsessed with that little owl! thank you for playing along with us at lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You so much Jenn. I love that little owl too. So many things you can do with it. = ) Oh and I am only a bit obsessed with Lawn Fawn. Teehee.

      Delete