Thursday, April 12, 2012

A Honey of a Digital Stamp

One of my design team projects for the Scrapper's Delights Blog, was this darling little Bee!
Now on this card I used both acrylic stamps and digital stamps. So I noticed a few things in my little experiment. I did a much better job of stamping when I had my rubber mat, or my stamping tool. Using a clear block was kind of a hassle due to the fact that I could not get even pressure.  Now look at the Digital stamp. Our little friend the Bee. Not only did the black come out crisp, clean and complete. I was able to print her out on glossy card stock and pack her up with my Copics and Gel Pens and work on her while away from home.  So this cutie pie went with me to Yosemite State Park!  Now you don't need to have a lot of expensive embellishments with this card. It's a CAS card or a Clean and Simple card.  I stamped the background with a chevron stamp in black.  You can clearly see where the ink did not transfer quite as well as I would like (this is due to a pressure issue). I then layered a 6" by 3" strip of yellow cards stock with a 6" by 2 1/2" piece of black card stock and then a 6" by 2" piece of white card stock. This I centered onto the card with exactly 1 1/2"  of space on either side.  Now check out the white strip on the left side of the card, along the right side of the white strip the card has been scored and then burnished. This is so the card will be stable when stood up.  I printed out a quote and then matted that as well. The border around the quote is 1/4".  
Now on our little Bee. I used my Copic markers to color in her yellow spaces. On the black spaces I very carefully with a tiny paint brush, bushed on a gel glaze.  I used Spica glitter pens on the honey pot and the honey.  I popped up the honey pot with a zap dot. I used a combination of teal marker and glaze gel to create her beautiful blue eyes.  Her eye shadow is an ultra fine blue glitter mixed with gel glaze.  Her wings were colored in first with a combination of baby blue, pale green and a soft yellow. Over this I brushed on a mixture of an ultra find iridescent glitter and gel glaze.  I love how the wings are both sparkly and translucent, just as wings should be!  I then used an off set matting technique that I had learned in a class years ago but haven't used since.  I thought it worked really well on this card. I also liked that the only other color besides yellow was on our graphic, making our little friend POP!
So the next time you travel, need to pack light and want to bring some crafting projects with you. Digital Stamps are the Way to Go!
Now you want to click on this link and grab this little cutie with some fun extras while she is still on sale!
Have a Great Weekend.
Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment